Parent and Student Portal
This presentation is a comprehensive review of the Parent Portal Availability Settings that give you control over what Parents and Students have access to in the web portal and in the mobile apps.
- ParentandStudentPortalAvailabilitySettingsv1.pdf - July 2016, PS version 10. Parent and Student Portal Availability Settings - Comprehensive Review
Single Sign-On (SSO) resources
These resources from a presentation in Fullerton on October 11, 2012, are getting a bit dated, but can still be helpful if you are newly launching your Parent Portal, or introducing it to new parents.
- ParentPortalSSO Handout.pdf - Parent Portal SSO Handout which cover the notes from the presentation.
- File:Powerschool SSO Changes.pdf - A presentation given to parents at a meeting. PDF format.
- Powerschool SSO Changes PPT.zip - The same parent presentation above, but in PowerPoint format.
These are examples of handouts and form letters you can give to parents.
- PS Parent Access Willington.pdf - Example Parent Handout from Willington, CT
- WebID and Password Letter Valley.pdf - PowerSchool Form Letter Example from Valley Christian
- WebID and Password Letter - Valley Code.zip - PowerSchool Form Letter Code from Valley Christian. Unzip to extract the .pst file you can import into PowerSchool.
- No ParentSSO SQL Report.zip - sqlReport to find parents with no SSO account. Unzip and open txt file to copy/paste into sqlReports.
- File:Create multi student account.zip - Note: May not be necessary in later versions. Unzip and upload the html file to the "public" folder in CPM. Customization mentioned in Handout to prevent unacceptable characters in Parent Username. (Note: Not tested for PowerSchool 8.x or higher)