Resources and Links
- PowerSource - The official PowerSchool knowledgebase with extensive how-to articles, forums, community customization & report exchange, training resources, and more. Questions posted here can be answered by Pearson employees. Requires a login.
- PowerSource California Forum - The best place to discuss California issues online. Use the "Watch" feature to have new posts sent to your email.
- PSUG Group - Independent and recently moved from Yahoo to Groups.io. Very active forum for all things PowerSchool-related, founded in 2001 and currently boasting thousands of members from schools across the world. If you haven’t found your answer on PowerSource, chances are you’ll find it here. Reading the daily posts is a great way to keep your ear to the ground in the PowerSchool world. It’s a restricted group so you’ll need to request to join.
- PowerSource European Forums - The Europe-specific forums on PowerSource where you can post questions and receive answers from both Pearson employees and other European schools. Requires a login.
Conferences and Training Events
- Upcoming Conferences - Page with details about upcoming conferences.
- PowerSchool University - PSU is the primary Pearson-organized PowerSchool training conference, held four times annually in different cities around the United States. It’s an impeccably-planned and run event with expert trainers and dozens of incredibly useful classes for users in all different roles and skill levels, as well as open labs and extensive networking opportunities. Anyone using PowerSchool extensively should attend at least once, and yearly if possible.
- PSUG Events - Regional and National User Group Conferences. The National Event is a PSUG conference on a much larger scale (for the whole United States), this annual four-day conference is organized by PowerSchool users themselves. In other words, PowerSchool is supportive and present but not running the show. There are about 100 unique training sessions plus dozens of workshops and presentations by vendors who have products or services that work well with PowerSchool.
- PSUG Asia - Official website of the Asia PSUG founded in 2010 by Shanghai American School. They host a yearly conference as well.
- European PowerSchool Conference - A PSUG conference for European PowerSchool users held every year.
- PSUG Middle East - PSUG Middle East has been hosting a yearly conference in Dubai since 2017.
- PSUG NJ - PSUG New Jersey hosts a premiere conference each year on the east coast.
Customization and Other Tools
- PowerDataSolutions - PDS is an independent site where many popular PowerSchool customizations such as Enhanced Parent Portal, Custom Reports Bundle, One-Stop Attendance, and more are available for free download.
- SIS Resources - Home of SQL Reports. Run by Matt Freund, home of the popular sqlReports customization and numerous useful how-to articles on customization and SQL. Matt is a presenter at many PSUG Conferences and a well-known member of the PowerSchool community.
- SQL Developer - Free tool for direct querying of the Oracle database
- Park Bench Software - Authors of visual object report editing software for PowerSchool called VisualPST. If you create and edit a lot of object reports, this is an indispensable tool!
- PS Tech Group - Consulting and training company run by Greg Satterwhite specializing in scheduling and more
- DERO Technical Services - Consulting and training company run by Bob Cornacchioli specializing in standards-based reporting and more
- CherryLand Software - Site run by Brent Johnson offering a few customizations both paid and free
- NickTech – Site run by Nick Peronti with some free customizations